Get a head start on Violin lessons!
Discover a new instrument, and the music it can make!
Designed for parents and children 4-8 yrs old, this workshop introduces children to the violin, and the basic positions and movements involved in creating music. . Using the classical, folk and popular string music, we will also cover the basic building blocks of music: melody, harmony and rhythm. Great for families considering violin lessons but not quite ready to commit. Families will help build a box violin that children can use during learning activities.
Saturdays in March/April at 11am
Begins March 25, continuing Apr 1 and 8. Families can also join our Fall Studio Jam following the April 8 session.
Workshops will be held at the Hillman City Collaboratory - 5623 Rainier Avenue South Seattle, WA 98118 and will last 40-50 minutes.
- Who: For families with children 4-8 years old. Families looking into violin lessons but not ready to commit. No violin needed. Parents are asked to attend with their child.
- Where: Hillman City Collaboratory, 5623 Rainier Avenue South Seattle, WA 98118
- When: Saturdays in March/April, 3/25, 4/1, 4/8
- Time/Duration: Check-in begins at 10am. Activities begin 10:10. Workshops will last 40-50 minutes
- Cost: $60 for three (3) sessions and invitation to join in the Studio Jam
- Bring: No instrument required. Students will help make a box violin to use during learning activities.